Have a think about what you could write a review about. Then think about
the different ways you could present the review e.g positive, negative.
|A New Book/Film|| 1. It is a triumph, a wonderful thing, everybody loves|
2. It hasn’t been as successful as hoped, the story
3. You can’t decide if it is good or bad it’s too early
to tell. Maybe the sequel will be better.
|Your Favourite Book/Film|| 1. What a good story it is, how interesting the plot is|
and its creative characters
2. How the book would make a good movie and the
movie a good book.
3. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
4. Persuading other people to read/watch it.
|Recent Holiday||1. It was amazing, lovely weather, nice views, good|
hotel, beautiful place, inexpensive – you would
2. It was horrible, delayed flights, hotel wasn’t a
good standard, terrible weather – you would
never go again.
3. Explore both positive and negative aspects –
overall a satisfactory holiday.
|Sporting Event||1. Review the performance of the players/an|
individual player in particular
2. How they played really well, secured a place in
the final etc.
3. How badly they played together, didn’t work as a
team the effect this has for other games.
|Theme Park||1. Lovely day out, lots of choice, queues were short,|
reasonably priced, nice food, good family trip.
2. Bad weather, rides out of order, couldn’t get a
refund, people were ill, long queues in the rain.
|Museum/Historical Place||1. Interesting and informative, learnt lots, good|
2. Boring, not very interactive
|Mobile Phone|| 1. Top of the range, good contract deal, can do|
everything, lightweight, smart, compact
2. Expensive, not as good as thought it would be,
|Hair products||1. Work very well, live up to their description e.g|
sensitive, gives volume, firm styling.
2. Don’t perform well e.g no volume, gel doesn’t
hold hair in place, disappointing and expensive.
|Recipe||1. Works well, easy to follow, cheap to make and|
tastes good – family enjoy it
2. Expensive, hard to follow, tastes strange