Table of Contents
Week 1 | KS3 Physics
Week 2 | KS3 Physics
Week 3 | KS3 Physics
Week 4| KS3 Physics
Week 5| KS3 Physics
Week 6| KS3 Physics
Week 7| KS3 Physics
- Electric field is created around any electrically charged object
- Closer to the object you get = stronger the field is
- You can show electric fields around an object by drawing field lines.
- Electric field lines always go from positive to negative
- Always at right angles to the surface
- Closer together the lines = stronger field
- Charged object placed in an electric field of another object = feels force = causes the attraction or repulsion
- Force is caused by the electric fields of each charged objects interacting with each other
- Force on an object links to the strength of the electric field it is in. Increase the distance between the charged objects = strength of the field decreases and force between them gets smaller
- Sparks are caused when there is a high potential difference between a charged object and the earth
- High potential difference = strong electric field between the charged object and the earthed object = causes electrons in the air particles to be removed (known as ionization )
- Air is usually an insulator but when it is ionized it is more conductive, allowing a current to flow through it = a spark
How long have you…? (present perfect 4) Exercises
Use the information given to create questions beginning with ‘How long…?’
• It is snowing.
• The weather is shining.
• John and Kate are married.
• My brother has gone on holiday.
• My aunty and uncle live in Canada.
• My sister is a teacher.
• I work at the chemist.
• I’ve known Susan since I was a baby.
• Jonathan is learning to speak to Mandarin.
Fill in the missing gaps in the sentences using the present perfect (=has/have + past participle)
• I have known Kate a long time.
• My brother has been playing the piano he was 11 years old.
• My mum and dad on holiday to America. They
gone since last Sunday.
• I Ben and Emma since primary school.
We to the same primary and secondary school.
• My sister learning to speak French because she
is going to France next month.
have you lived lives to
has been works have known
I have bought have worked.
• My sister in Spain. She is studying Spanish
with her friend Rosie. I Rosie since I was 5.
• Spencer like with Jamie. They have worked
together for 2 years.
• How long in Australia?
• a new dress for prom.
• He to Thorpe park.
Challenge: Create 4 of your own questions beginning with ‘How long……?’