puctuations table of contents
Full stops and capital letters
full stops tell us where a sentence ends .it is placed at the end of a sentence. To mark the act that it has finished.
Full stops are very important .Without a pause (.) the sentence will not make sense. Full stops separate words, missing them out could cause confusion.
CAPITAL LETTERS: Tell us where a sentence starts, it is used at the start of a sentence. It is also used at the beginning of:
- Names e.g. John
- Places e.g. Hawaii
- Holidays e.g. Christmas, Easter
- Days of the week and months of the year e.g. Monday ,January
- Titles of people e.g. Mr.
- Films, books and television e.g. The Incredible
- Names of organizations .e.g. McDonalds ,I phone
1. Read each line and decide where to put the full stops and capital letters
• i like cheese but not all cheeses are nice
• the girl waited the taxi was very late
• georgina is nice to me i like her very much
• mermaids have tails to help them swim
• my friend was very late to school she had to run
2. Write two sentences including full stops and capital letters ,start with the phrases below.
• The police
• Sport is
• A woman appeared holding
• Animals need
3. Add a capital letter where it is needed in the sentences below:
• jennifer wanted to go to nandos ,but it was closed on sundays so she could not go.
• mr stone was very upset,because everybody in class 3 failed their math test.
• heather couldn’t decide whether to buy a mercededz or a audi.
• At christmas we like to go and watch Christmas movies at the cinema. this year we are going to watch homealone 3.