Table of Contents
Learn English | Online | Topics
Topic 1 | I am, I don’t etc
Topic 2 | Have you? Are you? Don’t you? etc
Topic 3 | Too/ either /so am I/ Neither do I etc
Topic 4 | Isn’t/ haven’t/ don’t etc. (Negatives)
Topic 5 | Do they? Is it? Have you?
Topic 7 | What …? Which …? How …?
Topic 8 | How long does it take …?
Topic 10 | He/she said that … He/she told me that ….
Topic 11 | Work/ Working Go/Going Do/Doing
Topic 12 | I want you to … I told you to …
I want you to … I told you to …
When asking other to do something it usually beings with ‘I want you to …’
- I want you to be excited
- We didn’t want everyone to know about our engagement.
- Do you want me to drive you to the airport?
We also use the structure verb + somebody + to… which is shown below:
Make and Let
After using the words ‘Make’ and ‘Let’ we do not use the word to:
- He’s a very talented singer. He makes me speechless.
- At the office, our boss made us happy when he bought us lunch.
- Karen let them help her with her painting.