Table of Contents
Learn English | Online | Topics
Topic 1 | I am, I don’t etc
Topic 2 | Have you? Are you? Don’t you? etc
Topic 3 | Too/ either /so am I/ Neither do I etc
Topic 4 | Isn’t/ haven’t/ don’t etc. (Negatives)
Topic 5 | Do they? Is it? Have you?
Topic 7 | What …? Which …? How …?
Topic 8 | How long does it take …?
How long does it take …?
The format ‘How long does it take…?’ can be used in many ways, the first is when asking about
- A: How long does it take to travel from Leeds to London by car?
B: It takes four hours from Leeds to London to travel by car.
- A: How long will it take for me to walk from your house to the shop?
B: It will take you 10 minutes to walk from my house to the shop.
How long does it take to do something?
- How long does it take to cross the English Channel by boat?
- ‘I arrived here by train.’ ‘Did you? How long does it take from Liverpool to Manchester by train?’
- How long will it take for my parcel to arrive?
- It can take up to a year to learn how to speak Arabic.
- It doesn’t take long to cook fresh pasta.
- It won’t take me long to fix the leak in the shower.
How long does it take you to do something?
- How long will it take me to learn how to cook pastry?
- It takes Lisa 30 minutes to travel from her house to university.
- It can take up to an hour or me to finish cleaning.
- Did it take you a long time to fill in your details?
- It will take me two hours to complete my homework before dinner.