Table of Contents
Week 1 | English Grammar
Week 2 | English Grammar
Week 3 | English Grammar
Week 4| English Grammar
Week 5| English Grammar
Week 6| English Grammar
Week 7| English Grammar
Week 8| English Grammar
Week 9| English Grammar
Week 10| English Grammar
Week 11| English Grammar
Week 12| English Grammar
Week 13| English Grammar
Do you… ? (present simple questions)
- Where do you want to go eat?
- What does my name mean?
- Who does she think she it?
- How do you know her name?
- Why do cows eat grass?
- Do you always wear those shoes to weddings?
- Do you never go on holiday?
- How often do you get a haircut?
- Does Louise usually go to town after school?
- Do they sometimes play tennis in the park?
When answering a present simple questions, you can reply with short answers –
Do you… ? (present simple questions) Exercises
1. Read the following paragraph about Victoria’s family. Fill in the missing gaps in the questions and answer the questions.
On the weekend Victoria likes to go to the park with her family. She plays football and tennis with her younger brother and sister. Her parents enjoy relaxing in the sunny weather whilst watching the kids play.
Victoria’s older brother lives in Spain as he goes to university in Spain. He speaks Spanish.
2. Use the words given and do/does to create questions.
- grandparents/live/big/house ___________________________________________________________
- go/park/weekend ____________________________________________________________________
- have/younger/sister __________________________________________________________________
- want/go/shopping ___________________________________________________________________
- want/for/dinner _____________________________________________________________________
- time/usually/wake up _________________________________________________________________
- where/dad/work _____________________________________________________________________
Challenge: Create your own questions by completing the following questions. Try using some adverbs of frequency.
Next, answer the questions using short answers.
Then, ask these question to someone else and see what their answers are.