Table of Contents
Unit 1 | Algebra
Unit 2 |Graphs
Page 1 | Straight line graphs
Page 2 | Graphs of Quadratic functions
Unit 3 |Geometry and Measure
Page 2 | Symmetry
Page 3 | Coordinates
Page 4 | Perimeter, Area, Volume
Page 6 | Measurement
Page 7 | Trigonometry
Page 8 | Pythagoras
Page 9 | Angles
Page 10 | Shapes
Page 11| Time
Page 12 | Locus
Unit 4 | Numbers
Page 1 | Speed, Distance and time
Page 2 | Rounding and estimating
Page 3 | Ratio and proportion
Page 5 | Powers and roots
Page 7 | Positive and negative numbers
Page 8 | Basic operations
Page 9 | Fractions
Page 10 | Percentages
Unit 5 | Statistics and Probability
Page 1 | Sampling data (MA)
Page 2 | Recording and representing data
Page 3 | Mean median range and mode
Page 4 | Standard deviation
Unit 4 | Calculus
- Analogue clocks are those with an hour hand and a minute hand. They only show twelve hours so the time on analogue clocks is always m. or p.m. depending on whether it is morning or evening.
- Digital clocks can show either twelve hours or twenty four hours – in twelve hour, it will be m. or p.m. but not in twenty four hour time.
All three of these clocks are showing the same time. We would read this as ‘ten to three’ or 2:50.
It’s important to know the conversions for time as many questions may have different units. You must first convert all the different lengths of time into one unit then do the problem.
1) For each of these times, draw the hands on the analogue clock showing
The same time
2) Sara’s swimming lesson starts at 4.50pm. It finishes 45 minutes later.show what time her lesson finishes on both clocks.
3) Jamel finishes school at 16.40 . Write this using the 12 how clock.
4) Holly goes to school for 6 hour a day. How many minutes in this?
a) what day of the week will the 1st August be?
b) Tim’s school finishes on the 25th July. It is the 2nd July. How many days until the end of School?
6) How long would of take to eat a wait dinner, approximately?
2 minutes 25 minutes 3 hour 4 days
7) Which unit is most suitable for measuring how long an episode of a soap lasts?
Seconds minutes hour days weeks.